Finally, today was the first day of MMS 2012. So now the magic begins 🙂 I used the morning to complete the registration. After the registrion everyone received a conference bag. In the afternoon I followed the following sessions:
- Lab: Implementing Security Compliance Manager for System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Lab: Advanced Software distribution with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Exam Cram: 70-246
- Breakout Session: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Deployments.
Lab: Implementing Security Compliance Manager for System Center Configuration Manager 2012
This was a very short lab about the Security Compliance Manager Solution Accelerator and SCCM 2012. With the SCM Microsoft provides a basis set of rules for different components. With this basic set you can start defining your own set of rules (baseline). During this lab we have done the above actions.
Lab: Advanced Software distribution with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
During this lab Wally Mead guided us trough the process of deploying software. This lab covered the following functionality:
- Creating Application Web Catelog
- Assing Primary Devices to User
- Creating Applications
- Deploying Required Application
- Deploying Availabe Application
- Creating a Windows Mobile Application
Exam Cram: 70-246
After the above labs I followed a exam cram session for the 70-246 exam. Durng this session a lot of information was provided what you need to know before you can do the 70-246 exam.
Breakout Session: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Deployments
After that cram session I followed a breakout session about how to troubleshoot Windows 7 deployments. It was all about log files. Not much new information for me.