Today I ran into an issue that software updates and applications failed to install during a task sequence (TS). This only was applicable to ‘known’ agents. Unknown agents or agents which are receiving the task sequence for the first time doesn’t have the problems.
Hiding the task sequence progress dialog boxStandard
Last week I had a script which generated popup during my task sequence. This popup was visible behind the task sequence progress window. I searched for a solution to hide the task sequence progress window and found a post from Michael Niehaus on the TechNet blogs. The link to the original post is:
SCCM 2012: OSD Computername from SMS database not being usedStandard
Today I investigated a issue related to Operating System Deployment in ConfigMgr 2012. During the Deployment of Windows 7 the computer didn’t receive the computer name from the SMS database. Every deployment was ending with a computer name which sounds like: ‘MININT-XXXXX’. We are using Task Sequence Media to receive the Task Sequence. After investigating the log files I could only found this related settings:
SCCM 2012 OSD: Failed to Run Task Sequence (0x80004005)Standard
Recently I moved from ISP. On the new router it’s not possible to change the DNS servers for DHCP clients. Therefore my router is the DNS server and cannot find my domain servers with the FQDN, NETBIOS isn’t a problem. I started a new Operating System deployment task and the client reported the following error, right after the start of WinPE and before getting the policies:
1. Mount the WinPE BootImage with DISM
2. Edit the Hosts file in .WindowsSystem32DriversEtc and add the entry of the MP
3.Unmount the WinPE BootImage with DISM and commit changes
4. Update the Distribution Points with this new Image.
SCCM 2007 R2 SP2: PXE Error (PXE-T04: Access violation)Standard
Today I had a very strange PXE error at a customer site. Recently I installed I fresh SCCM 2007 environment and we are now in the process of configuring this environment. Today we started with configuring PXE. At the Customer site they use a Linux DHCP server serving the clients. At the DHCP server we made the following exclusion:
After we started the client we run into the following error:
PXE-T04: Access violation.
PXE-E36: Error received from TFTP server
After getting this error we connected from a other client station to the SCCM Server via TFTP and tried to download wdsnbp.com file. At this client we got also the same error. When we replaced the “/” with “” it works from the client site. But when booting from PXE the error still comes. I searched on the Internet and was pointed in the right direction. I changed the following Register Key/Value on the SCCM Server:
As final step I restarted the WDS Server service and the problem was Solved. So the problem was the way Linux is slashing file paths. I hope that this information helps people to solve this kind of problems. The article which pointed me in the right direction can be found here.